If you want an effective way to combat the signs of aging, a facelift perth could be right for you. Sagging skin and fine lines can appear in your 30s or 40s.
The body loses a significant amount of collagen as the years pass by, and skin begins to loosen, making one look older and more tired. A facelift can take off years from your face in the hands of cosmetic surgeons. Learn more here.
What Is A Face Lift?
Table of Contents
A facelift perth is a cosmetic procedure that restores a younger and fuller appearance to the face. There are many types of facelift procedures. Some are more invasive, while others are non-surgical.
What Makes You A Candidate For Face Lift?
Not everyone is suitable for a facelift procedure. You may be eligible for a facelift if you are among the following:
- If you are taking care of your skin and overall good health.
- You must have good skin elasticity on the face, jowl, and neck and have a healthy bone structure.
- Must not be smoking as there can be complications while undergoing general anesthetic.
- Must have no medical conditions that will hinder routine healing
- You must have realistic expectations of the outcome of the procedure
Is There An Age Requirement For Face Lift?
In general, those who undergo a facelift are in their 40s, 50s, and 60s. However, rather than looking at the age of the patient, it is better to focus on the specific signs on the face.
- If the surrounding eye area has wrinkles
- Jowls are contributing to the fading jawline.
- Deep lines at the cheeks, corners of the mouth and at the surrounding nose area
- Loose skin or excess fat at the neck
Will There Be Any Scarring?
Depending on the type of facelift, there can be permanent scarring, but they are typically hidden at the hairline or contours of the face. Incisions can take up to 6 months to heal but there are factors contributing to the speedy recovery of the scars.
- The type of skin you have
- Your chronological age
- Your nutrition
- Medication and other products recommended by your doctor
- The type of incisions and how deep they went to your skin
Holger G. Gassner, Amir Rafii, Alison Young, Craig Murakami, Kris S. Moe, and Wayne F. LarrabeeJr.Archives of Facial Plastic Surgery.Jan 2008.9-19. http://doi.org/10.1001/archfacial.2007.16
Warren, Richard J. F.R.C.S.C.; Aston, Sherrell J. F.A.C.S.; Mendelson, Bryan C. F.R.C.S.E., F.R.A.C.S., F.A.C.S. Face Lift, Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery: December 2011 – Volume 128 – Issue 6 – p 747e-764e doi: https://doi.org/10.1097/PRS.0b013e318230c939
Derby, Brian M. M.D.; Codner, Mark A. M.D. Evidence-Based Medicine: Face Lift, Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery: January 2017 – Volume 139 – Issue 1 – p 151e-167e doi: https://doi.org/10.1097/PRS.0000000000002851