After a successful operation, you may now be thinking about what would be next.
Breast implants enhance the size and shape of the breast. There are aftercare measures that you can do to prevent complications as a follow up to the post-operation.
You may also be wondering about the specific effects of the surgery that are not necessarily dangerous, and you are not alone.
What To Expect After The Operation
- Surgical operations can tire the body, and you will need to rest to regain your strength and to make sure that wounds will steadily heal.
- Cover your incisions with gauze while in recovery to prevent bacteria from propagating and developing an infection.
- The skin may feel tight while it is adjusting to the feel of the implants inside.
- Bruising and swelling are normal and typically goes away after a few weeks.
- Your cosmetic surgeon may get you fitted with a compression bandage and allow you to bathe within 24 hours. .
- Recovery time may depend on where the breast implants are placed. It will only take a few days of recovery time for implants placed over the muscle. If your implants are within the muscle wall, recovery may take up to a week.
- The cosmetic surgeon will advise if your surgical wounds are healing well so you can go back to work.
How Long Do Implants Last?
Breast implants Perth, like all materials, have expiration dates. Saline implants can last from 7 up to 10 years. These implants can leak and tend to ripple under the skin. High-quality silicone implants, ones that have the firmness and natural feel, can last up to 20 years.
How Much Does A Breast Augmentation Perth Cost?
The price of breast augmentation in Perth is dependent on the procedure unique to each client. It consists of the surgeon’s fee, hospital fees, medication, anesthesia, and after-surgery medical garments. For Prices regarding breast augmentation please contact our office. A cost guide can be requested from our office on 9126 9218 (+61 8 9126 9218).
When it comes to financing, your private insurance company may not pay for breast augmentation Perth cost. You may want to look into the NHS loophole. You can qualify for funding if you have no breasts, severely asymmetrical breasts, or if it is causing you deep psychological distress.
MediPay will also let you borrow financing payable in 48 months. You can apply online and receive an immediate decision if you are eligible.
Why It’s Safer and More Economical To Get Breast Augmentation Locally
Breast augmentation Perth cost may seem expensive at first. However, compared to procedures abroad, local implant surgery is by far better. Clinics and hospitals in Australia are licensed with the latest equipment that doctors use to ensure the safety of the patients. Cosmetic surgeons Perth also comply with standards and regulations set by the Australian Society of Plastic Surgeons. You will also be paying only for the overall cost of the package.
Flying overseas to get breast implants cannot guarantee that you will be as safe and that the implants involved are not substandard. You will also be paying for food and accommodation that increases your expenses.
Lavers A, Yip WS, Sunderland B, Parsons R, Mackenzie S, Seet J, Czarniak P. 2018. Surgical antibiotic prophylaxis use and infection prevalence in non-cosmetic breast surgery procedures at a tertiary hospital in Western Australia—a retrospective study. PeerJ 6:e5724 https://doi.org/10.7717/peerj.5724
Peled, Anne Warren MD*; Duralde, Erin BS†; Foster, Robert D. MD*; Fiscalini, Allison Stover MPH†; Esserman, Laura J. MD, MBA†; Hwang, E. Shelley MD, MPH‡; Sbitany, Hani MD* Patient-Reported Outcomes and Satisfaction After Total Skin-Sparing Mastectomy and Immediate Expander-Implant Reconstruction, Annals of Plastic Surgery: May 2014 – Volume 72 – Issue – p S76-S80 doi: https://doi.org/10.1097/SAP.0000000000000020
Ballal, H., Hunt, C., Bharat, C., Murray, K., Kamyab, R. and Saunders, C. (2018), Arm morbidity of axillary dissection with sentinel node biopsy versus delayed axillary dissection. ANZ Journal of Surgery, 88: 917-921. https://doi.org/10.1111/ans.14382
- Before and After Breast Augmentation
- Do you need to replace the implant every 10 years?
- How Long Will My Breasts Be Swollen After Breast Augmentation?
- Is 50 too old to get Breast Augmentation?