Do you ever wonder what goes on during an entire period starting from when you decide to get breast enlargement?
Breast augmentation, a medical procedure that enhances the size and shape of the breast through the insertion of implants, is not an overnight process.
More than the surgery itself, breast augmentation perth requires careful preparations and considerations as well as steps to care for your breasts after.
Proper Age To Get Breast Augmentation
In general, Australia has no age limit concerning breast augmentation Perth. There is, however, an unofficial rule in some states that an individual must be at least 18 years old before undergoing breast augmentation.
The breasts must have at least stopped growing in 12 months so that they are mature enough to receive breast implants Perth. The recipient of the implants must also prepare themselves mentally as anything can happen during the procedure.
Preparations Before and After Getting Breast Augmentation
Any person who wants breast augmentation perth must be in good health generally. During a consultation, you will need to discuss your medical history with your Cosmetic Surgeon Perth. Your total honesty is a must to make sure that you will not have any complications.
- It is advisable to quit smoking before the breast augmentation perth to reduce the risk of lung infections that can easily extend to the breast and may affect the implants as well. Individuals with breast implants perth must also not continue smoking at the risk of losing nipples. The nicotine and carbon monoxide in cigarettes prevent normal blood flow to various parts of the body. Compromising the blood circulation can eventually cause the part of the body to die.
- Mention to your cosmetic surgeon if you are taking any medication and if you will need to stop or alter the dose of medicine you are taking.
- Discuss any physical and psychological illnesses that you currently have with your surgeon.
- Eat nutritionally-balanced meals and exercise to prepare your body for surgery. Being physically fit also encourages faster recovery.
- Avoid taking aspirin, fish oil, ibuprofen, vitamin E, and other specific anti-inflammatory medication before the surgery. The following have components that can increase bleeding. Always wait for instructions from your breast implant surgeon before taking any drugs.
Effects of Breast Augmentation Perth
A breast augmentation may cause issues depending on the individual. They can range from temporary to complicated effects.
- Pain and swelling
Common after-surgery effects that heal and subsides in time. If an infection develops, the implants may have to be removed.
- Rotating implant
A surgeon who lacks training may not have the knowledge on how to anchor the implant within the breast.
Mothers who underwent the breast augmentation procedure may experience numbness after. It affects the reflex on the nipples to have a low milk flow.
- Breast cancer detection
Breast implants hinders mammography. Before the procedure, discuss your family history with breast cancer with your cosmetic surgeon Perth.
Weigert, Romain M.D.; Frison, Eric M.D.; Sessiecq, Quentin M.D.; Al Mutairi, Khalid M.D.; Casoli, Vincent M.D., Ph.D. Patient Satisfaction with Breasts and Psychosocial, Sexual, and Physical Well-Being after Breast Augmentation in Male-to-Female Transsexuals, Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery: December 2013 – Volume 132 – Issue 6 – p 1421-1429 doi: https://doi.org/10.1097/01.prs.0000434415.70711.49
McCarthy, Colleen M. M.D., M.S.; Cano, Stefan J. Ph.D.; Klassen, Anne F. D.Phil.; Scott, Amie B.Sc.; Van Laeken, Nancy M.D.; Lennox, Peter A. M.D.; Cordeiro, Peter G. M.D.; Pusic, Andrea L. M.D., M.H.S. The Magnitude of Effect of Cosmetic Breast Augmentation on Patient Satisfaction and Health-Related Quality of Life, Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery: July 2012 – Volume 130 – Issue 1 – p 218-223 doi: https://doi.org/10.1097/PRS.0b013e318254b3bc
Veber, Michaël M.D.; Tourasse, Christophe M.D.; Toussoun, Gilles M.D.; Moutran, Michel M.D.; Mojallal, Ali M.D.; Delay, Emmanuel M.D. Radiographic Findings after Breast Augmentation by Autologous Fat Transfer, Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery: March 2011 – Volume 127 – Issue 3 – p 1289-1299 doi: https://doi.org/10.1097/PRS.0b013e318205f38f
- Is breast augmentation right for me?
- How Long Will My Breasts Be Swollen After Breast Augmentation?
- Do you need to replace the implant every 10 years?
- Post-Operative Measures For Breast Augmentation Perth